By enrolling in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) with Centranet, subscribers certify that they have read, understand and agree to the following:
- Subscribers may obtain broadband internet access service from any participating provider of their choosing and may transfer the ACP benefit to another provider at any time.
- Subscribers may only receive one ACP benefit per household, from one participating provider, and certify that no other member of the household is receiving an ACP broadband benefit.
- Unless stated herein, participation in the ACP does not alleviate a subscriber’s obligations to adhere to Centranet’s posted rates, terms and conditions, filed tariffs, acceptable use policy or other rules and regulations that govern the services received.
- ACP provides a discount to eligible residents who live on non-tribal lands of up to $30 per month on non-tribal lands or up to $75 per month for residents living on tribal lands. If the total bill exceeds the ACP benefit amount per month, the subscriber is responsible for the remaining balance after the ACP discount is applied. This includes any taxes and required fees that are applied to the full amount of the service. If the total bill is less than the ACP benefit amount, the benefit amount will be reduced to match the bill.
- All subscribers will be subject to Centranet's non-discounted rates and general terms if the ACP ends, if the consumer transfers their benefit to another provider but continues to receive service from Centranet or upon unenrollment from the ACP.
- I understand that due to the nature of this program, the Affordable Connectivity Program will not be prorated for a partial month of service and may be less than the full benefit during the final month of the program when program funding is nearing depletion.
- If Centranet has a reasonable basis to believe that a subscriber is no longer eligible for the ACP, Centranet will notify the subscriber of impending termination of ACP, and the subscriber will have 30 days following the date of such notice to demonstrate continued eligibility. Centranet may also unenroll subscribers from the ACP if the service is not used once every 30 days.
- Centranet may disconnect a subscriber’s ACP-supported service after 90 consecutive days of non-payment.
- Upon the end of the ACP, the discount will end and if the subscriber opts to keep broadband service with Centranet, the rates will return to standard, non-discounted rates including fees and taxes.
Communications and Transfer of Information
- Centranet may transmit personal information required to enroll subscribers in the ACP. This information may include, but is not limited to, name, mailing and primary addresses, date of birth, telephone number, ACP discount amount, service type, service initiation date, service termination date, last four (4) digits of social security number and other information as needed.
- All official communications from Centranet will be via electronic mail, text message and postal mail.
- Complaints against Centranet may be filed with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). However, before filing a complaint with the FCC, the subscriber should make all efforts to resolve the complaint with Centranet and can send the complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.